“I’m a great believer that any tool that enhances communication has profound effects in terms of how people can learn from each other, and how they can achieve the kind of freedoms that they’re interested in”
-Bill Gates Chairman Microsoft
WHAT IS IT ABOUT ?
- IT literacy is a critical skill for enhancing economic progress, for
individuals and communities in Africa.
AIESEC Africa designed a program which enabled high school
students to gain IT skills, focused on their productivity, job
readiness, and ultimately, quality of life (EAP Program)
- It is run in 13 universities across Nine countries (Nigeria, Ghana,
Ivory Coast, Togo, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Tanzania, and
- Here in Ghana it is run in two AIESEC Universities (AIESEC CUC & AIESEC KNUST) where the children undergo training in Information and communication learning
- To provide information technology knowledge to some of our
high school youth who may not have the accessibility to
computers up till an older age.
- Involving high school teachers in the training of their students in
their schools providing them with the needed skills to disseminate
the information to the rest of the students.
- Providing students with a very exiting and quality and diverse
cultural platform to gain computer skills while learning about
different cultures and leadership skills
- Train 4000 children and establish two ICT centres by the end of
- Develop a sustainable and scalable project.
- Securing Computers and setting up the centers in schools
- Training for the project team
- Preparation for the Launch of the project
- Training session
- Fund raising for the Project
- Closing ceremony of the project phase
- swITch Quizzilla
- Team Building
- Professional development
- Communication Skills
- Reporting Skills
- Facilitation and Teaching Skills
- Social Networking
- Enhancing children’s creativity
- Event Management
- Conflict Management
- Proper Planning
- Confidence in the Job Market